Adoration For Life Mission
Adoration for Life is a contemplative missionary response to the need for a culture of Life in our hearts, our city, our country, and our world.
We know that the battle for a culture of Life is in essence a spiritual battle, and that the visible efforts of those in active apostolates for Life will be most successful when bathed and swaddled in prayer.
Adoration for Life provides an opportunity for people to come together in providing a perpetual chorus of prayer for a culture of Life before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.
This Perpetual Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is 'virtual' in that adorers can choose the Adoration chapel in which they will pray. They will simply commit to a specific hour (or more) to be spent in prayer before the Blessed Sacrament for the culture of Life each week.
There is a network of 'Adorers for Life', with an email/mail communication chain for the distribution of specific prayer requests. It is anticipated that a regular 'newsletter' emailing/mailing will develop, containing relevant reports on issues of relevance to the culture of Life as suggested points for prayer.
The administration of this project occurs by email. The contact address is email@example.com
Adoration for Life began quietly in Perth in October 2004 to coincide with the commencement of the year of the Eucharist declared by our beloved Pope John Paul II.
This website is being launched during lent 2012 to coincide with the '4o days for Life' lenten campaign.
It is envisaged that this endeavour may in time spread to other dioceses and countries, helping to arm the Life warriors in the battle for a culture of Life in the world.
Anticipated benefits to the community:
- There will be at least one person in prayer before the Blessed Sacrament interceding for the culture of Life at every moment of every day in our city.
- Fruits of this prayer
- There will be an increase in numbers of people seeking to be involved in perpetual Adoration, perhaps resulting the opening of new perpetual adoration chapels
- Increasing awareness of the breadth and depth of each person's role in helping to create a culture of Life, in the ordinariness of daily life.
- Increasing awareness of the value of intercessory prayer
- Increasing awareness of the treasure of prayer before the Blessed Sacrament
- Broadening of the network of 'labourers for Life' within our Archdiocese.
Do you know of an Adoration chapel in Australia not included on this website? Please contact us and send the details of the parish, including contact phone numbers.